• Please sign in with a verified email account if you wish to browse more of the forums.

Staffing Introductions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyWolf11

Founder
Reaction score
First off I'd like to personally welcome you to the Crafter's Nexus staff team, and inform you the intention of this post: This post is to serve as an introduction of myself and bigbluu722 as the Founders and Peace as our Director and give you a quick review of the network. As of the day we decided to take the network public, me and bluu have been friends for around 4 years, playing games together and running Minecraft servers in one way or another for most of that time. Past that I'll allow bluu to autobiograph himself to whatever degree he wishes below.
In mid 2013 I joined a rather large network known as NextGenerationGaming (which has since shutdown its MC division) where I worked my way up from Moderator to being what was known at NGG as a "Server Manager" essentially meaning that for 1 server, I was the GUY, I handled both the administration and management of staff on that server (Personally I was over Tekkit and later Pixelmon ). Following NGG's decision to stop Minecraft operations, I was on the hunt for a new Modded Minecraft Network. I found a home at a network known as MineYourMind (colloquially "MyM") where I remained as a player for 5 years and served as a staff member at every level (other than Developer). However at the beginning of the new decade myself and bluu decided that it was time to see if we could make it ourselves under the CN Banner, and asked Peace to join us as a Director and to help us in the process of preparing for a public launch. Since then we have put in immense time and effort selecting each and every member of our staff team (including you!) and are excited for the future of the network, and I know that you will be a part of making CN the best it can be!
I'm here for the memes
My name is Peace and I have been in the Minecraft community since the release of Minecraft XBOX edition. I first started playing Minecraft on the XBOX 360 with friends in my neighborhood. At the time, I didn't know what a network or modding was. I eventually stopped playing Minecraft and moved on to my favorite genre of games today, FPS games such as Halo and Call of Duty. About 6 years ago, I got back into Minecraft on the XBOX for a while before switching to PC for all of my gaming. This is when I was introduced into the Modded Minecraft community through Youtube. My first Modpack I've ever played was Skyfactory 2. Once I completed that, I moved on to Pixelmon which I played on the same network Grey was playing on at the time (we haven't met yet) MineYourMind. After a while, I moved on to SkyFactory 2.5 where I had my first interaction with staff on that network and eventually wanted to join. I eventually climbed the ladder from Jr Moderator to Manager while meeting Grey, Bluu and several other current friends at the network before departing permanently due to conflicts of interest and other private reasons. I dropped Minecraft as a whole following these events. After hearing about Grey and Bluu's new plan to start their own network, I discussed with the two of them about me possibly joining their adventure to owning and running a network. That leaves us with today, myself as the Director of CN with Grey and Bluu as Founders and the 3 of us working with our staff and players to make a Modded Network that many players will want to call home.
We might as well start at the top with the Founders.
Myself and Bluu have split up the daily responsibilities artificially between the two of us for efficiency, with Bluu handling most of the "Back-end", that being our Development team, Server Maintenance and New Servers, while I handle the "Front of the house" or the staffing, player relations, and the community in general.
While we have these divisions, it is not at all uncommon or improper for me to throw up a server, or for bluu to handle a staffing issue.
While I do personally handle parts of managing the staff team, Peace in his role as Director and the Management team handle most of the day-to-day staffing.​

Column01

Administrator
Developer
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Colin aka Column01 (sometimes known as "Pillar")

I've been playing Minecraft for over a decade now! After school, my Uncle would watch us while my Mom worked her Afternoon shift. During this time, we spent a lot of it playing Minecraft with him on his Laptop. Back then, Minecraft wasn't called Minecraft and it didn't have any "Mods" that we've come to know and love. Fast forward to 2016, and after watching some YouTube content from Direwolf20 playing Infinity Evolved Skyblock, I decided I'd try and find a server to play on. The top server at the time was for a Minecraft network known as MyM. After about a year of playing there (and constant hounding by my now staff member base mate) I applied for their staff team. I climbed their ranks all the way to Administrator where I served until May of 2020. Following some idle time, I met up with some of my old buddies from MyM (coincidentally the founders of CN) who had moved on to a new project and they invited me to become a Developer for them. After working on a few projects for them, it became a bit of a chore to add plugins having to hound someone else to install it on a server to test it. Naturally given my Admin background, I asked if it would be possible if I could become one here and they happily accepted me. Now I serve as an Admin/Developer combo for Crafter's Nexus and I'd like to think I'm a valuable asset to the team!

Last edited:

MettytheCutiefly

Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Metty aka MettytheCutiefly (otherwise known as Cutiefly).

I've been playing Minecraft since 2013/2014. I started off with some custom 1.6.4 pack a friend had made with IC2 and a bunch of other cool mods. It wasn't till 2016 I got slightly into modded with joining an network called MyM and played a Direwolf 1.7.10 pack and Infinity Evolved Expert for a bit. I quit modded Minecraft for years till I came back in 2019 to play FTB Revelations and got addicted to playing again. Over time, I started playing on the Crafter's Nexus. I started playing more and more. I got promoted to helper at February 2021 and became Moderator around October 2021. Around May this year, I became an admin. I have served as admin on multiple other things. I was co-owner on a discord server with a bunch of people and once owned a discord server of over 100+. Now I'm an Admin on the network and help people on the server and set up new servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.